Latest PE News for Week Beginning 12/12/2016
A special mention to Lauren Tranter who was selected a volunteered at a recent England international Netball game against Jamaica. Lauren has also been selected to be a flag bearer at a future England game to be held at Wembley, what an achievement! (Photo attached)
Fixtures and End of Term Inter-School Results
This has been a very busy end to the term with five fixtures over four days! It has also marked the start of the Inter-CAT termly fixtures which have proved to be very successful and popular.
· Year 7 boys played in a Rugby competition held at Telford Hornets RFC, this was a competition organised through the All Schools RFU programme which we have been involved with this term. The boys played extremely well in very muddy conditions! There was some tough competition against others local schools which are involved in the All Schools programme.
· Year 7 Inter-School Competitions- the girls were undefeated in their Netball games against Telford Park and Telford Priory School. The boys, who teamed up with Telford Park due to numbers, played some great rugby against Telford Priory school, the final score was 5 tries all!
· Year 8 Inter-School Competitions- the girls won one game and also lost one game, for many of the girls this was their first competitive game of Netball. The boys fielded a strong team against Telford Park and Telford Priory, unfortunately they were unable to beat the strength of TPS and lost both of their games.
· U14 Girls Telford and Wrekin Semi-Final badminton fixture against Burton Borough Team. Unfortunately the U14 team lost against Burton Borough who later went on to win in the final!
· Year 9 Inter-School Competitions- the Year 9 boys put on a fine display against Telford Priory School and came out on top winning 6 tried to 4. Unfortunately the Telford Park team proved too experienced and strong and eased past us. The year 9 Netball team were undefeated, they beat Telford Park School and drew against Telford Priory.
Stars of the Week
Please join us to celebrate the following students achievements within PE lessons and extra-curricular involvement. Their photos can be seen on the wall of fame in the PE corridor along with all other stars of the week from this term.
KS3: Morgan Tranter & Ben Evans
KS4: Lauren Tranter & T’Jarn Forbes
A final thanks from all of the PE department for your support throughout this busy term. This term we have averaged at least two fixtures per week as well as providing an extensive range of extra-curricular activities which have been attended in large numbers by a wide range of students.
I hope you all have an enjoyable, well deserved Christmas and New Year.