As a school we are committed to supporting your child’s learning both when in school and when working from home. Can I please take this opportunity to outline how we intend to support students when working from home including Live Video Sessions and Microsoft Teams Clinics’ that will be running from 5th January until 8th January 2021.
In line with my previous correspondence all remote learning is completed through Microsoft Teams – Students will be invited separately to each of the Live Video Sessions and we would expect them to attend all of the sessions listed on the attached rota. Registers will be taken for each of the live sessions.
1. Students have been encouraged over the last term to download and familiarise themselves with Microsoft teams to support them when they need to work from home – dedicated pages have been setup on the school website with videos and guides to support Parents and Students in using Microsoft Teams if required. Please visit http://langleyonlinelearning.co.uk/ and http://www.telfordlangleyschool.co.uk/home-learning for more details.
2. Please find in the below links a guide to Remote Learning – this explains how to access the home learning resource folders for all subjects.
3. Please find included in the below links a guide to Microsoft Teams which will be used to run the ‘Live Sessions’ and ‘Subject Clinics’ each day and a timetable of the different live sessions and clinics that are taking place. Students will receive an individual invite to each of the live video sessions once logged in to teams and then the clinics provide additional support for students in working through the home learning resources if required. If they access Microsoft Teams at the times on the ‘clinic rota’ a subject specialist teacher will be available to answer any questions and provide support as needed.
As a school we have been working with families towards ensuring that all students are able to access this online provision. If access to a suitable device at home remains a problem, please contact the school at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Students behaviour and conduct when using Microsoft Teams should be always of the highest standard. Can I ask that you familiarise yourself with the schools online learning expectations and reinforce these with your child.
5. If you have any issues or questions regarding home learning can I please encourage you to email the school using the home learning email address rather than contacting the school in the first instance email@example.com
Mr S Carter