Scale 5 - £17,223; 35 hrs per week, term time + 1 week.
Mon – Fri 7.15am – 2.45pm.
Required as soon as possible.
An exciting opportunity has become available at our state of the art school. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic, highly-motivated and experienced Cover Supervisor.
Our ethos of ‘Ensuring Excellence’ is at the forefront of everything that we do. The successful candidate will deliver lessons with a key focus on supporting progress and behaviour both in the classroom and beyond.
Our belief is that every child really does matter and that all of our students should feel engaged, challenged and supported in an environment where they can experience success and enjoy their learning.
Skills, Interests and Qualities
As a cover supervisor you will need to be:
· highly adaptable as there is no regular timetable,
· be confident, organised and at times,
· patient, flexible, creative with a good sense of humour.
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
· experience of working with secondary aged children,
· the ability to manage groups of children and cope with challenging behaviour,
· the ability to build good relationships with children, teachers, parents and carers,
· a knowledge of the National Curriculum for KS3 and KS4,
· strong ICT skills and a good command of English and Maths are necessities.
· the ability to work as part of a team,
· good reading, writing and numeracy skills,
· a passion for educating young children,
· eagerness to grow and develop as a teacher.
We will offer you:
· an extensive CPD programme to nurture and develop your talents at all levels,
· a professional, hard-working and supportive team that works together to create a welcoming, vibrant learning culture inclusive to all,
· access to a network of successful schools to share best practice and develop career prospects at the highest level.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. The post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and all qualifications will be verified.
CLOSING DATE: 12 noon, Friday 14th December 2018.
Completed application forms should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Employer
The Telford Langley School and The Telford Park School are sponsored by The Community Academies Trust (CAT) which has a track record of achieving and sustaining OUTSTANDING schools. Our approach is based on a fundamental belief that all young people have the talent and the potential to achieve more than they ever thought possible.