PE News for WB 28/11/16
Weekly Fixtures & Extra-Curricular
· Year 10 boys played at home against William Brookes in a double header. This game was especially important as it was for the County Cup and the District plate competitions. Both teams played some fantastic football and Langley had some very impressive periods of possession. Unfortunately the size and strength of the William Brookes team showed and they won the game.
· 29 students also attended KS3 Football Club.
· 28 students attended Fitness Club.
· 30 students attended Badminton Club.
· Year 7 Boys and Girls participated in the English Schools Football Association 5-a-side competition held at AFC Telford United. Both teams were drawn in a tough group and played games against HLC, Charlton and Thomas Telford. The boys started off very well and eased past HLC, in their second game against Thomas Telford they went 1-0 up through a very good team goal. Unfortunately they lost 3-1 to Thomas Telford and 1-0 to Charlton. The girls played extremely well, beating HLC 9-0 and Charlton, they did lose against Thomas Telford but did enough to get into the semi-finals. In the semi-final they were drawn against a very strong Burton Borough team, unfortunately they didn’t win, Burton Borough went on to give Thomas Telford a run for their money in the final. A massive thanks to Telford Park for driving us over and to Miss Careless and Miss Pritchard for training and assisting the girls team.
· Year 11 Boys played at home in the second round of the county cup against Belvidere School, Shrewsbury. This was a very tough game, unfortunately the Year 11’s left themselves with a lot to do in the second half with the score at 3-0 at half time. They did play some good football and won the second half 1-0 with the only Langley goal coming from Tyler Graham-Hoof. The final score was 4-1 to Belvidere at the end of full time.
· 15 students also attended Handball club.
Stars of the Week
Please join us to celebrate the following students achievements within PE lessons and extra-curricular involvement. Their photos can be seen on the wall of fame in the PE corridor along with all other stars of the week.
KS3: Keeley Smith & Conor McCallum
KS4: Lucy Rudge & James Bailey
On Tuesday we are hosting the TWSSA Boys Y7/8 Basketball competition and look forward to seeing how our team get on against the likes of BBS, Charlton, TTS, TPS, Ercall Wood etc. I will also be getting names together for the Intra-School competitions which will be held in the last week of term, please can you advertise this event as much as possible!