Here is the weekly news, stars of the week and upcoming fixtures from the PE Department.
Weekly Fixtures & Extra-Curricular
· Year 8 Boys took part in the Telford and Wrekin Schools Basketball competition which we hosted in our sports hall. The competition was played at a high standard with teams entered from Thomas Telford, Burton Borough and Charlton School. The boys made some fantastic chances in all games and only lost by 4 points to Thomas Telford and 2 points to Burton Borough. Charlton proved to be in a class of their own and won the competition, this means they will represent Telford and Wrekin in the school games in March.
· Fitness club continues to be a popular club and we reached maximum number again for the third week running. 28 students attended.
· 20 students also attended Badminton Club.
· Having only started girls football club this term, students have shown a real passion for this club and again was attended in strong numbers.
· 18 students also attended Handball club.
Stars of the Week
Please join us to celebrate the following students achievements within PE lessons and extra-curricular involvement. Their photos can be seen on the wall of fame in the PE corridor along with all other stars of the week.
KS3: Chloe Harvey & Wesley Genna
KS4: Caitlin Starling & Michael Boden
We have a busy end to the term next week with inter school competitions. Due to these inter-school competitions, extra-curricular clubs will not be running.
· Monday- the Year 7 boys Rugby team are playing in the RFU All Schools Rugby competition at Telford Hornets RFC.
· Tuesday- inter-school competitions for year 7
· Wednesday- inter-school competitions for year 8
· Thursday- inter-school competitions for year 9
The inter-school competitions are in the following sports- Rugby for the boys and Netball for the girls, we are competing against Telford Park School and Telford Priory School. They will run between 2:35pm and 4:00pm, please come down and support the students if you have any spare time.