Here is the weekly roundup and stars of the week from the PE Department.
Weekly Fixtures & Extra-Curricular
· Year 7 Girls travelled away to Telford Park School to play in a Netball fixture. Although they played extremely well they unfortunately lost 3-1, lots of lessons were learnt and they look forward to developing their skills ready for the intra-schools Netball competition at the end of the term.
· 34 at KS3 Football club
· Year 11 Boys played at home in a Football fixture against Thomas Telford School. Both teams played very well and had some great phases of possession between them. At half time, the team were 2-0 down and needed to come out strong in the second half. Thomas Telford extended their lead to 3-0, a few minutes later Tyrone was through on goal, the keeper made a fine save but Stephan was first to the ball and slotted it home. Full time score 3-1.
· KS3 Boys, KS3 Girls and KS4 Girls played in a Telford and Wrekin Badminton tournament against Abraham Darby School. U14 boys didn’t lose a single game and won 8-0, U14 girls drew 4-4 and this meant a count back had to happen. The U14 girls won by 8 point over the 8 games! Unfortunately the U16 girls lost 6-2, although they played some fantastic games and many went to two clear points.
· 28 students attended extra-curricular Fitness club
· 30 students attended extra-curricular Badminton club
· Unfortunately the KS3 Rugby competition was cancelled due to the weather and the rugby club’s pitches being waterlogged.
· Handball club- 20 students attended the club which is best week so far!
· Girls Football club- 10 girls attended in preparation for their first 5 a side football tournament next week.
· Rugby club- 10 boys attended the club and were keen to improve their skills in preparation for the intra-schools competitions at the end of the term.
Stars of the Week
Please join us to celebrate the following students achievements within PE lessons and extra-curricular involvement. Their photos can be seen on the wall of fame in the PE corridor along with all other stars of the week.
KS3: Arnya Gillespie & Jago Gordon
KS4: Bethany Harber & Caleb Price
· Monday- Year 10 boys play at home in a double header against William Brookes school in the County Cup & District Cup
· Thursday- Year 7 Boys & Year 7 Girls National 5-a-side Football tournament at AFC Telford United
· Thursday- Ski trip information evening 6pm at Langley