Another weekly update with fixture results, stars of the week and pictures from the PE department.
Inter-School Competitions & Extra-Curricular Clubs
This week Lauren Tranter in year 10 volunteered and carried the flag at an England International Netball game on Thursday night. I have attached a photo of Lauren with one of the England players, this is the second time she has been selected to do this extremely impressive role. Well Done Lauren!
· KS4 Theory Intervention/ Revision
· Year 7 football fixture- on the back of their 4-0 victory last Tuesday against Madeley, the year 7’s played against Idsall in the Quarter Finals of the Telford District Cup. There was a lot at stake and the lads stepped up to the challenge against a very strong Idsall team in difficult conditions. Both teams had extended periods of possession and the game really could have gone either way, at half time the score was 1-0 to Idsall after a deflected shot gave Idsall the lead. We came out strong in the second half and had several extremely close attempts on goal including a 1 on 1 but their keep seemed to take them all. Within the last few minutes the lads were caught on the break twice and conceded, final score 3-0 Idsall. Man of the match went to Anton Edwards for his superb defensive contribution. A special thanks to Ben Evans who also gave up his own time to help linesman the game.
· KS3 Football Club was also on with over 25 students attending, this was on top of the Year 7 football game!
· Fitness club reached full capacity for another successive week running.
Badminton club continues to be very popular.
· Indoor Hockey has also increased in numbers with 20 students attending.
Year 10 football fixture- the lads played in a friendly away against Ercall Wood. The game was extremely close with both teams scoring some excellent goals. Unfortunately, Langley conceded two goals and left themselves with a lot to do, they did however bring the goals back but the final score was 3-2 to Ercall Wood. Telford Langley goal scorers were Dante Bradley and Kyan Tyne Voyce. The game was played in great spirit and all of the team were a credit to the school. Many thanks to Mr Williams for driving the 16 seater minibus.
· Girls Football continues to be a popular choice, in two weeks we have entered a KS3 and a KS4 5-a-side tournament which is being hosted in our sports hall.
· Handball proved to be popular again with 20 students attending, we have our first U15 handball fixture next Tuesday.
Trampolining continued to attract more numbers and the students are beginning to practice and improve their routines.
· For the last couple of weeks we have ran a trip to Madeley ski slope for students to gain further experience before the trip to Italy in 2 weeks’ time! The final session is this afternoon, the students cannot wait to transfer their skills onto the real slopes during half term.
Stars of the Week
Please join us to celebrate the following student’s achievements within PE lessons and extra-curricular involvement. Their photos can be seen on the wall of fame in the PE corridor along with all other stars of the week.
KS3: Ben Evans & Lauren Dukes
KS4: Daniel Brammer & Lauren Tranter
Tuesday- we are hosting a Telford and Wrekin School games qualifier event for U15 KS4 students. This is a Handball Tournament and the winners will represent Telford in the Shropshire School games later in the year.
All other extra-curricular clubs will be on as normal.